The error for the SSH service starts with 'Call "HostFirewallSystem.DisableRuleset" for object' .
These two articles provide the answers. After following the first step, I no longer get the error about SSH and firewall.
After following the second article, my HA agent is no longer complaining.
Boiling the steps down, I have
- Fix SSH and firewall
- enable ssh on the host (if not already enabled); this is under host --> configuration --> security profile
- ssh to the host
- cd /etc/vmware/service
- cp services.xml service.xml.bak
- vi services.xml (remove the line with "
- esxcli network firewall refresh
- disable ssh on the host (but don't close your connection if you're going to continue with the next process)
- Restart the ESXi host agents
- On the host, run this command: /sbin/services.sh restart
- this step takes a few minutes to complete.